Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WOW

Two girls just left. Emma and Leigh. They got into that van with their bags and LEFT. This is WEIRD. I'm going back. In a week and a half. Where am I going back to? What am I going back to? I am in a state of limbo...Nothing makes sense right now. Home as a definition was already screwed up after I left Silver Spring for DC for Rockville for New York....now add Ghana and growing up to that. Who am I now? Where am I supposed to be? Where do I fit in in this crazy world of ours?

Growing up is TRIPPY. I feel like I can trace different parts of myself through time, space, and friends. All have shaped me, and yet I am just me at the end of the day. I am finding the Crystal that makes me happy, and that's what matters. But the process is a trip. If anything, I've learned that I am a global citizen, a member of the Diaspora, and a resident of the United States. I am a Black American, a half caste, an obruni, a Diasporan, a high yella chick, all of these things. No matter what others call me, they all are a way to name me, Crystal. At the end of the day, the only name that counts is Crystal. I love that name.

My mind is about to be blown in the next two weeks. I will have to keep blogging just o process the differences of being back in the States. It really feels like another world. As I told Emma, I feel like going back is like jumping in in double dutch, just jumping into the middle of all this rhythm and chaos and life that is moving fast whether you like it or not. Except I suck at double dutch and never really learned. So does that mean I'mma fail at this readjusting thing? I HAVE NO oOPTION BUT TO FIND OUT. ONLY 10 DAYS.

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

You dun make me fall in love........Ghana, I'm in love with you.

Katie Is Awesome Playlist:

No One Like You P-square
Could You Be Loved Bob Marley
Three Little Birds Bob Marley
Nwa Baby Flavour
Right Now Na Na Na Akon
Make Me Fall in Love D'banj
Angelina Praye


p.s. i can NOT listen to any ghanaian music for awhile when I'm back because I will CRY.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to read that you are about to fly away from our shores.
    Whereever you end up, realise that a part of you has been planted in some hearts here and there.
    May you continue to thrive going forward.
    Bless You!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :) I hope to return to your beautiful country and I will carry pieces of loved ones with me as well.

    ReplyDelete